Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why an "f" rating? - The Bourne Ultimatum Reviews

How to begin? Let's see. How's this. I've watched many movies that I disliked because the plot was poor. Or maybe the acting was poor. Or maybe the set was low budget. But I can't say any of that for this movie. Why not you ask? Because the cinematography was so ridiculusly poor, that I just couldn't tell if this movie had a plot or not. I have no idea if the acting was good or bad. No idea about the sets. What I do know is this. I watched only 1 hour of this 1 hour and 51 minute movie and then left the theater. And I wasn't the first to go. Why was that? What about the cinematography was so "bad" that I and others left the theater? To give the audience a feel for "high energy" and to emphasize that this movie was an "action" movie the director decided to make the cameras continuously move around. The cameras danced around. They bounced around. They swept around. They zoomed in and zoomed out. They panned, they spun, they even appeared to go in little circles. Not for one moment did they just record a scene. The effect was nauseating. And that's being kind. And it was totally distracting from the movie. It was impossible to follow the plot. I have no idea what the storyline was because all I could think about was how the camera work turned what could have been an exciting movie into rubbish. This miserable sorry excuse of a film was destroyed by the director who thought the audience needed this ridiculus special effect to feel more excited. So, if you want to pay $10 and sit for 111 minutes and watch a totally annoying, impossible to follow, horrible movie while sick to your stomach, then by all means, buy yourself a ticket at your local theater. And bring a barf bag.

No comments: