Monday, September 24, 2007

Amateur looking camera work destroys illusion - The Bourne Ultimatum Reviews

I couldn't get lost in this movie with all the hand-held amateur camera work. With the camera bobbing up and down you know it is a bunch of actors being followed by a camera...liked the story and acting but found both the hand held camera scenes and the constant repetitive flashbacks just wasted film. I think the one water scene used in Jason's early training was repeated 9 or 10 times...okay Mr. Director I get the picture now move the story on..and I understand blurring all these scenes to make it seem like a distant memory but come on you are trying to be a little to creative...I felt like I was watching film work by some beginning high school film class...not what I expected

No comments: